When social media came onto the scene, people thought of it as a means to just find friends online and interact with people. However, the times have evolved, and social media has emerged as one of the most powerful tools for businesses.
Here is some data to support this claim –
According to Marketing Sherpa 95% of the people from the age group 18-34 years follow a brand via social networks. With more than 2.8 billion active users, and a penetration of more than 37% social media proves it worth as the most powerful and important tool for businesses.
Now the question that arises here is how can you make the most out of social media for your business? Or, in simpler words – you want to know how to promote a product on social media to get maximum sales, right?
Here are some tips on how to promote your product on the top social media channels –
How to Promote a Product on Facebook?
Facebook is a haven for businesses to promote their product. With more than 2.2 billion active users it is certainly a place from where you can fetch quite a lot of traction for your business.
But the million dollar question is “how?” Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered –
- Build a Facebook Business Page – you can directly import your online business page (if you already have one)
- Start sharing content to build a community – content is the king of social media, make the most of it and don’t overdo it
- Build connections – there is no point in having a social media page for your business if you don’t have an audience
- Engage the followers – you should generate interest within the audience, keep them engaged so that they want to keep coming back for more
And, if all else fails you have the option to use Facebook paid ads. Often times, even if your business page is successful, running Facebook Ads can help garner more success.
How to Promote a Product on Twitter?
These days, having your presence on one platform is simply not enough. It is crucial to leverage more than one platform in order to effectively promote your product. So, the second target you can hit to promote your business on social media may be twitter. Here’s how you can do it –
- Tweet, don’t sell:direct selling can be a big turn-off for the customers. Share tweets that build interest, and the users will want to engage your business
- Use the power of visual content: another great way to promote a new producton Twitter is to use the power of visual content. Statistics show that it gets way more traction that textual content.
- Offer rewards: gifts, promotional offers, and rewards get people talking about things on Twitter. So why not use this to your advantage? Run promotional campaigns asking people to share your new product and offer them rewards. This can reap serious results!
How to Promote a Product on Instagram?
Another powerful platform that a business cannot afford to ignore, especially when it comes to making an impact on social media, is Instagram!
This platform is dedicated specifically to visual content, which means it is no surprise that Instagram has more than 700 million users! As we said before, people love visual content.
It should be obvious to see that making a presence on Instagram could actually be a great thing for your business, as well for that new product that you are planning to launch.
Here’s how you can effectively leverage Instagram –
- Instagram Stories – this is one of the most innovative features to promote your product on Instagram. Simply add links to your products in stories to get people to visit your business website and check out what you have to offer.
- Find influencers and connect with them – another popular way to use Instagram effectively for promoting your new product is to get influencers to vouch for you. Since they already have a huge audience, this can work splendidly for your new product’s visibility.
- Using editing tools – as already stated, Instagram is all about photos. With millions of photos posted on the platform, it can be quite difficult to get your business to stand out. This is where using editing tools can become your savior.
How to Promote a Product on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is the biggest social media platform for professionals. Although not every product can be promoted using LinkedIn, considering the fact that it is a strictly professional network, you can still use it to build a business presence in the professional world.
Here are the secrets to the platform–
- Build a company page – like other social media platforms, LinkedIn also allows you to build a company page which you can use to promote your business and services
- Create a content strategy – unlike other social media platform, LinkedIn requires a more intellectual approach in terms of generating content. Study a few of the top players in your niche who are active on LinkedIn, and build a content strategy in accordance to what you’ve learned from them.
- DO NOT promote – LinkedIn has very strict policies against promotional posts, therefore you need to be smart enough to build engagement, rather than self-promoting your products on LinkedIn.
“Want to get more visitors to convert into paying customers? Check out this freebie – https://doneforyou.com/reports/funnel-factor-lander/ and see how it can help!”
How to Promote a Product on Pinterest?
Last, but certainly not least, is Pinterest. It is one of the most highly underutilized social media channels for businesses. However, it is worth mentioning that there are more than 200 million active users on Pinterest.
So, how can you promote your product on Pinterest? Follow these researched tips –
- Know the most popular categories – by knowing the category related to your business in which people are most active on Pinterest you can easily promote the product.
- The right size does the magic – pins with the size of 736×1102 pixels are the most shared on the Internet. Make sure to follow this trend.
- Optimize your pins – just like everything else, Pinterest optimization is also something you need to learn to effectively use this promotional medium. Using the right keywords and product descriptions is key, and learning the intricacies of this platform will lead to greater success.
There you have it – a brief introduction to getting your products and business featured on the top social media platforms and using them to promote your new product.
Using social media to promote your products is not rocket science, but it requires a basic understanding what people are looking for. If you know your business and your audience well, it is not going to be a big challenge for you to use the power of social media to effectively promote your business.
Now that you know how to use social media, are you looking to create a complete sales funnel to capitalize on the traffic from social media and increase your income on auto-pilot? Watch this video to see how a done-for-you product promotion strategy can help you convert cold (and warm) traffic into repeat customers.