In the last few years, there has been a dramatic shift in the way companies – both small and large are doing business and the steps they have been taking to be more productive and efficient. Along with this, It has also evolved a lot owing to the constant changes happening through the process of digital transformation.
Before we move on and discuss automation and its impact on digital transformation, let us take a moment to learn a little bit about digital transformation.
What is digital transformation?
According to Wikipedia, “Digital transformation is the transformation of business by revamping the business strategy or digital strategy, models, operations, products, and marketing approach by adopting digital technologies.”
In simpler words, it is the integration of technology into each and every aspect of your business which changes the way you operate and bring value to customers. It not only improves the overall customer experience but also accelerates sales and growth of an organization in a big way.
It is important to be aware of the nine elements of digital transformation. Let’s take a look at them briefly one by one:
- A proper understanding of customers – More and more businesses are using social media to understand their nature, target the right audience, and gain valuable insights.
- Top-line growth – Integrating advanced technologies to innovate current methodologies and improve sale-interactions, and customer experience.
- Customer touch points – The latest technologies like geolocation and augmented reality enhance customer-touch points.
- Process digitization- These days many companies have already started automating their internal processes.
- Worker enablement – With the emergence of a remote workforce, companies have embraced technology and started using various tools and technologies to communicate and collaborate.
- Performance management – Real data is enabling companies to be more aware of products, customers and trends, and is helping them to make well-informed choices.
- Digitally modified businesses – To drive growth, businesses are using the latest technology to give their traditional products and services a facelift.
- New digital business – People have started to provide services and products for comparatively older services.
- Digital globalization – Companies are merging digital tools with information to make way for better coordination and collaboration.
Impact of automation on digital transformation
Now, if we talk about the process of automation, it is one of the new-age technologies that has played a large role in encouraging digital transformation and it is going to get bigger and better in the coming years.
As per the Gartner survey, 42% of CEOs have already started the digital transformation process in their businesses while 56% have benefited by implementing automation in their work processes.
The concept of business automation has helped organizations and numerous ventures to eliminate the need for manual work in repetitive business processes and have yielded positive results. It has helped them to provide consistent and accurate results along with speeding up the work process.
Let’s take a look at the ways automation is enabling digital transformation:
1. Business process optimization
In today’s ever-changing world, the need of the hour is to optimize your processes and workflows to get an edge over your competitors. That’s the reason why many organizations have bid goodbyes to their age-old methods and are now leaning towards a digital transformation makeover.
Automation enables you to create a holistic work environment that focuses on quality and speed. If businesses and organizations start integrating automation into their current style of working, they could definitely experience high growth while making a name for themselves in the market.
2. Better IT operational efficiency
IT teams have been hugely benefited with the introduction of automation technology. IT developers now no longer have to write long codes every now and then. By automating tasks, they can effectively tweak the overall process cycle. As technology needs no coding and tasks can be moved swiftly from one stage to another, they can easily build and deploy workflows that not only make things easier for IT teams but also significantly improves the overall experience of users.
Plus, automation leaves no chance for human error and negligence – you can be 100% assured of delivering results that are fast, accurate and reliable.
3. Increased employee productivity
Oftentimes, companies are faced with the issue of lack of resources for their projects. Automation is the most reliable and cost-effective method to take care of this issue. By automating repetitive tasks, no extra resources will be utilized and you will be able to deliver work with no mistakes or human errors.
Thus, it won’t be wrong to say that automation will not only largely reduce workload but will also increase overall employee productivity, allowing for a more agile way of working while encouraging employees to take a collaborative approach.
4. New insights
With the help of automation in digital transformation, one can get easy access to a business’s analytical information. You can use this information to gain new insights and these insights could elevate the growth of your business or an organization.
Moreover, with a little manipulation, you can use the information to explore new avenues and unlock new opportunities for the future.
Why undergo a digital transformation?
It is the age of technology with digitally-native customers who are quite well-versed in the latest trends and technologies. One must understand that digital transformation has become one of the most viable strategies to accelerate business growth.
Be mindful while taking the road to digital transformation as you will first have to consider how each aspect of business can be optimized. Automation technology is going to play a significant role in the digital tech world helping businesses and organizations to optimize their existing processes and move ahead with technology.
We hope that this article helped you to understand digital transformation and how automation is enabling digital transformation. The biggest takeaway is to start investing in automation technology in order to succeed and make more revenue.